On our first full day in the Rinnen/Berwang region, we went on a boat ride on the Heiterwangersee. It really reminded me of the Königsee, with its stunning blue-green water and mountains surrounding it.
| Well, hello, there cows. |
William waved at the "SS Wilhelm" boat, while Drew studied his map. I'm glad that he has Jim's good sense of direction and love of maps!
We disembarked and enjoyed a couple hours in the sun alongside the lake. Of course there was a small biergarten and a playground. :)
Then the boys wanted to do a little wading. The water was icy cold.
We rode the boat back to the starting point and decided to stick around there for awhile.
We quickly realized that the boys needed their crocs/Keens on in the water...
Each boy found a pile of rocks to sit on. It was just such an idyllic setting!
This is a place and a day I will not forget. Until next time, if we are so lucky, Heiterwangersee. Tschüss!!













so beautiful, reminds me of certain parts of Colorado! you should move out here!!
ReplyDeletealso I love that there was a biergarten with playground!!