Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bichelbach, Bärenbad, and a Boys' Hike



Two of the activities I picked for us to do in the Berwang region were a bit of a bust.  First we went to the Children's Zoo in Bichelbach.  It was a big animal park set on a hill, but it was really tired and old looking--definitely in need of updating.  The one cool part about it was that some of the animals were roaming free in the park.

          

The kids could also climb right into the animal enclosures if they wanted to.  
Of course, they wanted to.

The bunny was less than thrilled to have William in his home.



We also visited the Bärenbad, which is a large outdoor swimming pool and park.  It would be great on a hot day.  Unfortunately, when we were there it was only about 70 degrees and so we were the only ones there.  Jim was a good sport and got in the water with the kids.


Saving the best for last, Jim took Drew on an awesome hike!  William was napping in the stroller so I walked around town with him while Drew and Jim took another gondola ride up a mountain.  I love these pics he took of their adventure.  They rode the gondola up and then did a hike down, through a kids' adventure type path.

An "Almdudler" is a sparkling lemonade drink
popular in Austria







 








 


They met up with Wm and me at a playground.  There was a neat little creek with a metal bar in it--I forget what it's called, but the idea is to hold onto the bar and walk across.  The cold water is supposed to be healing.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery! I love that the boys are getting experience in the outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  2. that kids hiking path is awesome! maybe it motivates kids to keep hiking/walking by keeping them interested and excited along the way....? I think Violet would like it!

    And that mountain behind the gondola is SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos! Especially the one where Drew is on the path alone with nature and the mountains! Jim and Kelly, you've taken such wonderful photos in Europe! These are real treasures, mementos of all your small trips and experiences!

    ReplyDelete