In September, our friends Maria Fernanda, Ron, and Ela visited us from Chicago! They arrived in Stuttgart in the early morning, and by 5pm that same day, Jim and Ron were headed to Volksfest. Way to power through the jetlag, Ron! Prost!
The next day we showed our friends around one of our favorite towns, Esslingen!
We went up to the castle, and I stayed behind at the playground with the kids while Jim, Maria Fernanda, and Ron checked out the view.
![]() |
| Those are some impressive Spiderman skills, Drew. |
We also visited Schloss Lichtenstein for the first time.
Wow, what a beautiful palace!!
We all had fun exploring the grounds of the palace and admiring the views.
There were lots of nooks and crannies to discover.
![]() |
| A William sized window |
And the drawbridge to the castle was a fun racing ramp for the kids.
We had lunch at the palace cafe.
What a great day, and a great visit with great friends! Thanks for coming to visit us in Germany!!















I can't believe I Just now saw this post! How great that they could visit. Ah, Esselingen, I miss that place! That other castle location looks BEAUTIFUL, it's hard to believe there are still places you are just now checking out for the first time, as on outsider it seems like you've been EVERYWHERE!
ReplyDelete