Our friends, Crystal and Tom, and their kids visited Ehrwald a couple times a year during their time here in Germany. We wondered why they always went back to the same spot...and then we visited Ehrwald, and we understood. :)
We rode the Almbahn up the mountain.
We took a short hike to the Erhwalder Almsee. The kids met a cow along the way.
I took the photo below with my phone, which just shows you how spectacular this view was--no fancy camera or filters needed!!
Drew caught a frog.
After our walk around the lake, we went to the Tirolerhaus for apfelstrudel. This was such a cool outdoor space. They had huge ride on toys for the kids, as well as a great playset and a full size trampoline.
![]() |
| William's legs weren't quite long enough to pedal. |
After we came down from the mountain, we capped off the day with a nap for Will and a round of mini golf for Drew and Jim.



















wow, so beautiful! I clicked on the link--looks like it's a ski resort that also has summer stuff? I can't get over how amazing it is that German restaurants and biergartens have fun activities for kids!
ReplyDeletethis whole post is so idyllic! I'm gonna miss reading about these glimpses into German (and Austrian!) life!