Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ireland: Cong Abbey and Forest

Our stop at Cong Abbey and Cong Forest on the way from Westport back to Galway was such a delightful surprise.  I don't think I had been there before.  You don't hear about Ireland being known for its forests, but Cong Forest was a gorgeous, otherworldly type place!

On the stairs of Cong Abbey




Below is a photo of "The Monk's Fishing House."  We crossed paths with a man who had just caught a fish there!



The water here was incredible--I couldn't get over how clear and clean it was!


Stunning!
The forest was pretty spectacular too.  The trees were so huge.  They reminded us of the Redwood Trees in California.  It was so dark and quiet on the forest paths.  We felt like we were the only ones there.



Mystical

This photo is for our kids.  Do you think a velociraptor was here???
If you have the chance to visit this region of Ireland, I really recommend a stop in Cong!  I'm pretty sure the dinos are long gone...but in this magical deep forest, anything seemed possible.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea Ireland had big trees like that!? I love the castles, they remind me of old books (currently reading GoT!)

    ReplyDelete