Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Day 2)


Lest you think traveling around Germany with a preschooler looks easy, I give you the photo below.  While Drew did a great job walking around Rothenburg for many hours over two days, he is only 3 and meltdowns are inevitable!  We just take a breather, try to keep our expectations realistic, and move on when we can (oh, and ice cream all around usually helps improve our moods too :)).


My favorite part of visiting Rothenburg was walking the city walls.  We climbed up the stairs you see below and were able to walk along the same walls that citizens did during medieval times.






After Rothenburg was damaged in World War II, people from all over the world sent in donations to help rebuild the walls.  The donors' names were imprinted on the walls.  The one you see below was from Rothenburg, but we saw many from Japan and the US, among others.


Is anybody there?

Drew kept hopping onto these stone barriers and posing--what a ham!
The most photographed spot in Rothenburg, according to our map.
Neat (and very fitting!) sculptures on the facade of the metzgerei (butcher) building
Pizza and wurst

4 comments:

  1. Ah, more wonder! I enjoyed part 2 also! Drew and his parents are troopers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love the pics of all 3 of you and the one of you and Drew hugging. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys must be pretty fit after all that walking! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim loves his wurst...no surprise he picked that over pizza. I can see why that spot is photographed so much

    ReplyDelete