Today Drew and I went to Ludwigsburg with friends for their annual pumpkin fest. On our walk to the fest, we noticed that the Sandwelt exhibit, which was really popular during the summer months, was still open so we decided to check it out first. Pretty amazing sand sculptures!
Schloss Ludwigsburg is stunning. I was surprised to just stumble upon the grounds of the palace--it is right in the middle of a city. The pumpkin fest was on the grounds behind the palace and gardens.
The pumpkin fest has a different theme each year. This year's theme was "Sports" (see it written out in the brighter orange pumpkins below?).
There were sculptures made out of pumpkins that related to the theme. They were amazing!!
True works of art.
The kids loved jumping around in a huge plot of hay.
The food was scrumptious. My friend and I sampled a few different things: fries (that had pumpkin in them, I think?), pumpkin/potato pancakes, and pumpkin maultaschen (in front of me in the photo below). Maultaschen is a type of ravioli that is a specialty in the Schwabisch area, where we live. I have tried it in many different restaurants, but this was the best one! It was like a maultaschen and pumpkin soup all in one. Delish!
Drew liked his pumpkin chocolate chip cookie.
| Dad, I thought you'd like this basketball player! |
What a unique pumpkin festival. We loved it and will have to go back again before the season is over!

Love the "tongue" picture. Drew and the little girl are cute together.
ReplyDeleteThat place looks so cool! I love seeing impressive outdoor art in interesting ways. The green, brown, and orange colors make me a little homesick for fall in Chicago. I miss the changing of the seasons down here in FL. Thanks for sharing the pics!
ReplyDeleteReminds me of the rose parade it with pumpkins! Looks like fun, I love pumpkins!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Those are amazing sand castles and pumpkin sculptures! What a neat adventure!
ReplyDeleteNever seen anything like it!
ReplyDelete