Hello, blog world. It's been awhile! I fell out of the habit of blogging during our whirlwind last few months in Germany. Lately, I have been feeling nostalgic and looking back at my old blog posts. I want to make sure I write about some of our experiences during March-June 2017 in Europe before I forget the details! As always, you can click on the photos to view them full size.
In April of 2017, we took one last big trip over spring break. We drove about 6 hours from Boeblingen to Lago Misurina, Italy. The reason behind this destination? We wanted to see the Dolomites, a mountain range in northern Italy unlike any other mountains we had seen in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Wow, these mountains did not disappoint! They are truly spectacular. In particular, this region of Italy is well known for the "Drei Zinnen" (in German) or Tre Cime (in Italian). More on that later.
| Our family in the Dolomites |
Let me backtrack a little bit. As usual, we planned this trip at the very last minute and were lucky to find a hotel near the Tre Cime. Our hotel, Quinz Locando el Lago, was on Lake Misurina. Below is a picture of our hotel that Jim took while walking around the lake.
We ate dinner each night at the hotel. They had delicious pizza and pasta, of course. When in Italy!
Our kids love staying at hotels--they would probably tell you it's because there's a TV! It was after dinner at this hotel that the kids first saw the show, PJ Masks--in Italian. Making memories here, folks.
The best part of this hotel, though, for Jim and me, was the view we had of the other side of the lake!!
| By night |
| By day |
There was no breakfast at our hotel, so we walked to a small cafe and convenience shop along the lake.
Later in the day, we went to a restaurant on the far side of the lake. It was part restaurant, part farm!
| Care to join us? |
The kids played at this playground while Jim and I enjoyed a cappuccino and latte macchiato.
| View driving away from the farm/restaurant |
We also drove to another nearby lake during our stay at Quinz. I didn't write down the name of this one...but it was equally beautiful! The day was a little prettier too--nice and sunny.
| Ninja-drew |
| Where's Will and Waldo? |
We told the kids that we were on a mission to find animal tracks, and they had fun running along the path around the lake looking for tracks.
Jim balanced our camera on a rock and, voila! Instant family pictures.
More to come in my next post...thanks for reading!


Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteWow Kelly, those mountains are breathless. Beautiful memories!!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this post and photos! I love looking back on all of your posts. Thanks, Kelly!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing, those mountains are more beautiful than anything in Colorado! And of course I'm so glad you are back to blogging :-) I know from experience how hard it is to keep up, but it's important to record these memories!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are GORGEOUS!!
ReplyDelete