Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Monday, January 26, 2015

Stuttgart Christmas Market 2014

 We got a babysitter so that Jim, Jill, Jeremy, and I could go to the Stuttgart Christmas market at night without the kids.  Last year I was nine months pregnant at the Christmas market, and it wasn't easy pushing through the crowds with my humongous belly.

2014: Hello, big belly and non-alcoholic Kinderpunsch
2015: left our almost 1 year old at home for a night out on the town!  Prost!!
Jeremy with his "feuerzangenbowle" (see stand in pic below)

We are definitely biased, but we think Stuttgart has the best decorated Christmas market booths!



We wanted J & J to try all our favorite Christmas market food: rotewürst, currywürst, wildekartoffeln (spicy wedge fries), Langos (kind of like fried elephant ears with either sweet or savory toppings), and spiced mandeln (nuts).

Rotewürst
Langos
Mandeln
I like how the windows of the Rathaus in the photo below form a giant Advent calendar.  


FUN!




Weihnachtsmarkt entrance
We had such a great time!
I think I am finally caught up on blog posts from 2014!  Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Germans definitely know how to do Christmas! :)

    So glad you had the opportunity for some "adult time" to enjoy the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and congrats for catching up on your blog posts! There have been a number of times when I've gotten behind on my blog entries, and it always feel like a weight on my shoulders to have to catch up. Ah, but once I catch up, it feels soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. Tell me about your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming! You showed Jill and Jeremy how to celebrate in Germany! Prost!

    ReplyDelete