It's cherry (kirsch) season in Germany! Our next door neighbors on either side of us both have cherry trees and were generous enough to share their cherries (and a cherry pitting tool!) with us. I had never bought cherries, let alone pitted them and baked with them, so it was a new and fun experience for all of us!
Jim is always good at involving Drew in the kitchen.
| These little brown hands remind me of Jill's when she was a kid! |
I have made 3 desserts so far with the cherries. All were delicious and easy! I didn't make my own crust for the no bake pies; I bought the ready made graham and Oreo crusts in the baking aisle at the commissary.
![]() |
| Fruit cobbler recipe from the cookbook I made for my sister's bridal shower |
![]() |
| Creamy Chocolate Cherry Pie |
![]() |
| Martha Stewart's Fresh Cherry Tart |
Our neighbors a few doors down weren't going to pick their cherry tree because it is so tall and difficult to reach, but they were happy to let Jim and Drew come over and pick some of the easier to reach cherries.
.jpg)


Jam sounds great! I've never made anything with fresh cherries, just buy the expensive ones in the grocery store and eat them raw!
ReplyDeleteKelly, your boys are amazing the way they dig in and learn something new in the kitchen! What a gift for Drew to be unafraid of cooking and trying new things!
ReplyDeletewow -- looks so delicious!!!!!
ReplyDelete