Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Internet Headache
Hallo!! I'm sorry I haven't updated my blog in so long. We have been in the middle of an internet winter! After over 6 weeks of dealing with 3 different cable/internet/phone providers, we finally have our internet connection up and running in our house! Wunderbar (Wonderful)!!
We have found that customer service in Germany is just a lot slower than it is in the States. Add to that the language barrier and we had quite a frustrating time getting our wifi and home phone set up. We made countless trips in person to the cable stores and visited the Army Translator several times. Thank goodness for her help in calling the companies to ask questions for us in German and for writing up letters to cancel service--an oxymoron since you shouldn't really need to cancel service that was never provided!. We also made many phone calls to the various providers. Jim would always ask, "Spreche sie English?" ("Do you speak English?") to which the employee would sometimes reply "Nein. Tschuss!" ("No. Goodbye!") and he would have to call back until he found someone who spoke English.
Drew spent so much time at the various cable stores that he now recognizes their logos. When we received something from Kabel BW in the mail earlier this week, he said excitedly, "Oh, it's from the cable store! Maybe Daddy's phone will work now!"
Anyways, all is up and running now and we are happy to be able to be in touch with our family and friends in the States more easily (and catch up on some favorite TV shows, too!). We're available to Skype if you want to chat! We also now have a land line from which we can make unlimited calls to the US. I will send you all that number in an email.
I have a bunch of posts queued up to post to my blog...I'll post one every day or two, so check back! Looking forward to catching up more with you all soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We are so happy to be in touch again, Kelly! I loved seeing the three of you today, you all looked so great! Happy, healthy!
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing about Drew: When Jim came home from work he said, 'Daddy! We're talking to my friend, Granny!" So cute! I love the way he can tell a story to me about his life. I'm smiling all day long now!
Thank goodness your internet situation is under control! I cannot imagine how frustrating all of that must have been. Can't wait to Skype soon!
ReplyDeleteYay! We can what'sapp again! I missed you!
ReplyDelete