Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Schwäbisch Hall Christmas Market

Schwäbisch Hall is a city that has been on our list to visit for awhile.  We didn't know much about it but had heard it was really pretty.  The Christmas market gave us a good excuse to finally make the drive there (just an hour away from us).  I was totally awed by this gorgeous city!

Hi, Clem!  Grandma and Clempa got here just in time for Christmas market season.






Getting a "Feuerwurst" (spicy sausage)

This stand served yummy salmon cooked over a fire
The kids each ate a big waffle with powdered sugar

Drew spotted the playground down below so we went to check it out.  It turns out it is called "Kinder Insel" (Child Island) because the little patch of grass and play equipment is surrounded on all sides by water!


This reminded me of Dinkelsbühl.


Drew made friends with some German kids.  
I love how he can fit in anywhere because he speaks German!



William really liked this swan.  I like them from a distance, but they make me nervous when they come so close.  I think Wm would have thrown his arms around this swan in a big hug if I hadn't kept holding him back.



Here we are discussing why Mom has to hold onto him while he peers over the side of a bridge.

Heading back towards the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market)

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I'm glad Grandma and Clempa can be there for the holidays, enjoy your time together!

    PS: Do you have any insight why here the german markets are called "Christkindlmarket" (sp?) instead of "Weihnachtsmarkt"? Is it just an Americanization to make the market sound more Christmasy and maybe easier to pronounce? We may go to the Denver Christkindlmarkt tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED these pics!!! So gorgeous! Wish we were there! P.S. William in an animal LOVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, so sunny! It's nice that you can all be together doing fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete