Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Monday, October 27, 2014

Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Fest 2014


The Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Fest is one of my favorite fall events in Germany.  Last year, Drew and I went to the fest with Michelle and Sina.  This year, Grandma and Clempa were here to join us!  The theme was "Royalty."  What better place to have a royal pumpkin fest than at a palace?


We entered the palace through a side door this year.  Remember how the front looks?

2013
Cheese!
The sculptures made out of pumpkins are true works of art!





King Clem and the King of Hearts

King of the Dinosaurs
Royal jousters
The Queen of Fall
This chess board was one of my favorites this year.
The Frog Prince
Elvis, "The King"
The food is so good at the pumpkin fest.  I got the pumpkin maultaschen (Swabisch ravioli) in a pumpkin soup.  


Drew and I enjoyed Kürbis und Birne Saft (pumpkin and pear juice)
We all tried different pumpkin desserts: pumpkin strudel, cake, cookies, and a pumpkin granola bar.





The dinner scene below was incredible!  So creative!  We had fun looking at all the little details.


Pumpkins hard at work in the garden.


What are your favorite fall activities?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Those pumpkin sculptures ARE amazing! I love the one of Drew sticking his tongue out. Seems like the perfect activity -- fun for adults and children alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, those sculptures are unreal! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- very creative pumpkins! And that ravioli looks soooo tasty! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's a specialty in this region--you will have to try it when you come through Germany!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun outing! You have lots of neat attractions nearby.

    ReplyDelete