Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Friday, May 23, 2014

Rubble Hill in Stuttgart

We took Jim's brother, Tom, to see the Birkenkopf, or "Rubble Hill," in Stuttgart.  It's a hill that was formed out of the debris from the Second World War.  Click HERE to read about more about it in our community newspaper.  


According to the article, the plaque below roughly translates to: “This mountain piled up after World War II from the rubble of the city stands as a memorial to the victims and a warning to the living.”










It is the highest point in Stuttgart and offers some pretty views of the city.





5 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL pictures, Kelly!! I didn't notice this post until today. Your family is so cute! I love that you are wearing your lulu sweatshirt, if I had it I would wear it every day. You guys are truly living the life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, Kelly! Makes me feel like I'm there with you! Miss you all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have so much history so close to home. Drew and William will have such interesting childhood photos to look back upon. And I'm learning a lot about the world through your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your blog, Kelly. I love it! And I particularly love seeing photos of your family. They make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete