Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Rhine Falls

Last weekend we decided to join our friends on a trip to the Rhine Falls ("Rheinfall" in German) for the day.  The Rhine Falls are located less than an hour and a half away from where we live.  It was a nice day and Drew was excited for our road trip.

How cute is he with his little toiletries bag (full of toys)?
Rheinpall?  Rheinball?  I should have stood in front of a different letter!  Drew declared that he chose "A for Andrew!"
Jim had been to the Rhine Falls back in 2007 but it was my first time there.  I had no idea the falls would be so big.  In fact, I just learned today that it is the largest waterfall in Europe--and it is stunning!




We started out at the top of the falls and followed these stairs down to several look out points below.


Check out that gorgeous rainbow!


Our friends Declan, Greg, Connor, and Leanne
William slept through it all.  Someday he'll appreciate that he went on his first international trip to Switzerland when he was only two months old. :)




The view from the lookout point in the photo below was pretty amazing.  The water was rushing under us so quickly that it felt like we were on a moving boat.



I'm glad Drew's taxi made it home with us...I was a little skeptical it would! 


Connor and Drew may have enjoyed the mini "waterfall" on the way out of the Rhine Falls grounds even more than the big one...kids...they're easily pleased. :)




The Rhine Falls were definitely worth the trip!  Sehr schön.

8 comments:

  1. love the post! and great pics;) it was such a perfect day and we can't wait to go back too! so glad we all went together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful trip! Thanks for sharing all the great pics, Kelly! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Rheinfall when I visited Switzerland. Beautiful, indeed. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning is the right word, Kelly - beautiful pics! It looks a little like Niagara Falls - minus all the ice it's been under this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photo diary style posts! I know I always say this, but Jim is seriously talented with the camera! I love seeing little William in his ergo carrier! Cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I remember that shirt Drew has on:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful day trip. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Hopefully we can see the falls on our road trip in December!

    ReplyDelete