It seems that there is a fest for everything in Germany: fish fest, onion fest, pumpkin fest, and, this past weekend, kraut fest! Cabbage looks a lot different in Germany than it does in the States.
I love the fest outfits these children were wearing as they processed down the street, holding ribbons attached to a head of cabbage!
It was a gorgeous fall day in the 70s.
Below is one of the specialties we sampled: "filderkraut mit schupflnudeln." I admit it doesn't look too appetizing, but it is pretty good! It is made in a huge skillet and served warm. Jim also tried a kraut burger.
All of these fests are very family-friendly. Drew enjoyed many "fahrts" (not what you're thinking...it means "rides" in German!) on these carousel type rides.
We took the train to and from the fest.
| Getting a fahrt home with Daddy |
Do you like sauerkraut?







Getting a fahrt home with Daddy! Papalou would've loved that term! Love your pics! x
ReplyDeletehahahah Fahrt! made me laugh out loud! I don't LOVE sauerkraut but I do like cabbage in general and will eat kraut now and then to try it.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! Haha "fahrt ride home with Daddy". LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat neat festivals there! You look great Kelly! I forget if you found out the sex for this one?
ReplyDelete