Many of my friends have asked where Stuttgart is; see the map below!
Stuttgart is very centrally located in Europe:
1.5 hours from Konstanz, Switzerland
1.5 hours from Strasbourg, France
4.5 hours from Prague, Czech Republic
5.5 hours from Paris, France
6 hours from Brussels, Belgium
and that's just the short list!
Click HERE to go to wikipedia to read some more info about Stuttgart.
We have heard and read that Stuttgart is very green (apparently we will need good rain jackets!), with parks, vineyards, and even a zoo! It is also quite urban (a German friend I know here said that it is more similar to DC than Alexandria) and very populated in the city center with many surrounding suburbs. We hope to get to know Germany well, but also travel to many other cities in Europe. I'd love to go back to Ireland to see family (Jim and Drew have never been there!). I love languages so I'm looking forward to learning German. Drew and I have already been taking a Parents and Tots German class through Language Stars, and he is really interested in it. When we talk about moving to Germany, he says, "Yes, they say 'danke' and 'bitte' there!" I hope many of you will come visit us! We will have a guest room for you to stay in and Stuttgart will be the perfect base for traveling!

Have the Germans you encountered been friendly? Are you hearing mostly English or German on the streets? Have you referred to your new yellow dictionary?
ReplyDelete