Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Kindergarten Rausschmiss

Look at how little Drew was when he began German Kindergarten back in September 2013...just 3 years old!




At the end of July, Drew had his official last day of Kindergarten.  All the "Maxikinder" were invited to wear their Schulranzen to school on this day.


Flashback photo: Entering school on the first day of Kindergarten, with a spring in his step
Entering school on the last day of 3 years of German Kindergarten,
waving to friends greeting him from the window
On the last day of Kindergarten, Andrew and his friends celebrated with a special ceremony called the "Rausschmiss."  "Raus" means "out" and "schmiss" means "throw," so this was the day that the big kids were "thrown out" of Kindergarten!  One by one, the Maxi kids in each class stood up on a table in front of a big mat, and the teachers said a poem.  Here is the English translation:

We're shaking and rattling Andrew out of Kindergarten!
And if he does not want to,
then we'll throw him out!

On that last line, the teachers helped Drew jump off the table onto the mat.  It was a really cute and fun way to make it official--the Maxis are ready to leave Kindergarten and begin school--
Schule, here they come!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this one! I liked seeing the growth of Drew in three years. He's a fine young lad! I like how he treats his friends. They all like him!

    ReplyDelete