I haven't been keeping up with blogging lately...but then I look back at all my old blog posts and really enjoy seeing the pics and remembering what we did, so here goes!! I'm going to try to catch up.
We decided to drive to Lindau, Germany for 3 nights over the 4th of July holiday. Lindau is an island on the Bodensee (or Lake Constance, in English). The island is a part of Germany, but very near the borders of Austria and Switzerland as well. It was only a 2 hour drive from our house.
It poured rain the entire drive to Lindau and we were all crabby and seriously questioning our decision to go away for the weekend. Our doubts were allayed, though, when we got to Lindau and took in our first views of the harbor--and the rain stopped!
Click on photos to enlarge.
Click on photos to enlarge.
We stayed in a great little apartment that I found on airbnb.com. It had a very "French country" feel to it and the owner left us a snack and Prosecco!
Our apartment was located right in the center of town, and at night there was a fest going on along our street. There was a band playing Irish music right below our place. It was so good! Have a listen below (and notice what Drew says...haha). Jim and I took turns going down to the fest while the kids slept.
The next morning we headed out bright and early to explore.
The sun was shining and the harbor looked even prettier than the day before.
There were restaurants all along the boardwalk and we stopped at one to have a drink.
Then we continued on a path along the water. There were lots of treasures to be found: rocks, sticks, and schnecken, OH MY!
Along the way there were staircases you could walk down to get closer to the water. We even saw some people enter the water here to take a swim, but it was still pretty cool out for swimming--thankfully, or I think our kids would have jumped right in.
In the below pic, you can see a sign with the Lindau (linden) tree on it.
We had yummy burgers and fries for lunch once we returned to the boardwalk.
We went on a panoramic boat ride after lunch. It was early afternoon and William needed a nap. We managed to get him to fall asleep in the stroller just before we boarded the boat but he didn't stay asleep for long.
![]() |
|
Drew asked to sit on my lap to eat his ice cream. I said, "of course!" I know these days are numbered when my big boy still is a little boy at heart |
On the last morning of our trip, we took one last stroll to the boardwalk and then drove to catch a ferry to Mainau Island. More on that in the next post.
![]() |
| Happy 4th of July from Lindau, Germany! |























Beautiful! I love so much about this post--Wm hugging Drew, Drew's silly poses, you all look so happy :-) was there supposed to be a video? I can't see it on my iPad.
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! How did you find an airbnb there?! I could NEVER find one anywhere in that area! Love the staircase to the water- I'm shocked they didn't jump in fully clothed!
ReplyDelete"I don't think I could sleep with this music." Ha! You guys look really cute all together in your red, white, and blue.
ReplyDeleteI loved this! Kelly, you and Jim have both gotten so good with photographing all the beautiful places and beautiful moments. Fantastic post!
ReplyDeleteLooks so picturesque and lovely. Amazing little vacation!
ReplyDeleteThe photo of the winding staircase down to the water is beautiful! Looks like you had a great time! Wish I were there
ReplyDeleteThat's a big lake! Also, aren't apartments so much easier than getting a hotel room? I feel like I'm never going to get a hotel room again, if AirBnB is an option...!
ReplyDeleteAnd glad your big kid still has little kid moments. Even with Violet, I feel bad that I'm always saying no to picking her up, sitting her on my lap, etc. because I'm always taking care of the baby. The time really does fly, our kids are growing so fast!