Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please say hello via the comments. I love hearing from you! ~Kelly :)

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Kaysersberg and Riquewhir

After our night in Strasbourg, we continued on to Kaysersberg, another town in the Alsace.  I really liked this town.  It was charming, with its view of the vineyards and stream running through it.







We bought a framed print of art by "Oncle Hansi" in Kaysersberg.  We had seen Oncle Hansi postcards and placemats in Strasbourg, and I was instantly drawn to them!  I was excited to be able to find a larger, framed print.  In Riquewihr, there was an entire shop devoted to Oncle Hansi merchandise.  We picked up several postcards and prints, maybe for the kids' room.

Oncle Hansi art

                            




Photo by Drew
                                        

Next, we continued on to Riquewihr, an equally picturesque town.





Here we enjoyed an early dinner of tarte flambeé (a very thin, flavorful pizza) and escargot.  Drew tried a piece of the flambeé after I picked the onions and ham off of it.  



William was crying so Jim took him for a walk until he fell asleep.  We can't sit for long at restaurants with the kids but we tried to enjoy enjoyed our quick meal and our sweet treat afterwards.


Nutella crepe and ice cream

Our hotel...don't worry, we didn't all have to share that one bed.  There were 2 twin beds as well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if it's a growth spurt for Drew, the perspective or a combination of the two but he looks really tall on their stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing places you are seeing, and not far from home! GORGEOUS pics. I was telling Jeremy I'd like to frame some of Jim's prints...he is so talented

    ReplyDelete